At Zuken, we believe that to solve the biggest problems, you need the highest quality tools and that the people that work for Zuken are key to achieving this.
Electronics are found in almost every device, and companies need high quality, professional software to help them create their products. Since 1976, Zuken has been doing exactly that – helping them create a vast array of devices from Formula 1 cars, satellites and planes to games consoles and smartphones. Indeed, it is very likely that you already own devices that have been designed with Zuken software.
Zuken applies the same quality criteria to our solutions across the whole spectrum of Electronic Design world-wide.
With eCADSTAR, we are excited to be working on the next generation of Electronic Design Automation. One that combines the power of modern applications (2D, 3D, multi-core, 64 bit) and the flexibility of the internet. By taking advantage of information updated in real-time designers can create boards with confidence that they will work first-time.
To continue our quest to deliver the best design experience for our customers we need enthusiastic Software Engineers to join our team and help develop the future of EDA. They need to understand quality, have an eye for detail, and a flair for innovation.
We are looking for enthusiastic, versatile and self motivated candidates who are looking to develop their skills in a challenging and evolving environment.
Candidates will need to have at least 4 years’ experience in Software Engineering. Ideally on Windows (our primary platform). The work requires involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle in a supportive environment. We would expect them to be actively contributing throughout the initial prototyping and specification followed by design, implementation, testing and documentation.
As candidates skills and experience increases, their role can expand taking on new challenges, ownership and responsibility. We offer dual career progression opportunities, technical and leadership, based on an individuals skills and desire. Training is tailored to an individuals needs and job requirements.
Our Developers typically have a 2:2 or above in a Computer Science or Engineering based degree plus knowledge or experience of some of the following:
- Enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated.
- Drive for self-improvment.
- A good communicator with the ability to fit well into a team.
- Clear, logical thinking and the creative ability to solve problems.
- A desire to work as an applications developer.
- Experience of desktop applications development.
- Full commercial software lifecycle experience.
- Formal, structured programming experience.
- Experience in the use of interactive, graphical applications.
- Data modelling experience and an understanding of complex data structures.
- Experience with QT toolkit.
- Electronics and circuit design.
Our relaxed, open plan office is based in Aztec West Business Park, North Bristol. It offers free parking in a modern office, close to the M4 and M5.
Additionally, we can offer the following benefits:
- 27 days annual leave per annum (plus all public holidays).
- Flexible Working Hours.
- Defined contribution Pension Scheme with PHI scheme.
- Training and Development.
Terms and conditions
The standard week is normally 37.5 hours over a five-day week exclusive of a 45-minute lunch break each day. The post is subject to the successful completion of a six-month probationary period.
If you are the sort of person who wants to make an impact on the world of electronics, please contact us for more details.