Electrical Nets (E-nets)
Electrical Nets (E-nets) in eCADSTAR
Language: English Duration: 2 minutes
What are E-nets?
While a (logical) net comprises a set of nodes that are connected together on a schematic, an E-Net describes a complete DC or AC current path, even if it passes through resistors, capacitors, inductors, or diodes.
Benefits of E-nets:
- Gives a more complete picture – what happens to electricity is what happens to signals
- Very important for high-speed design because everything on an E-Net affects the signal it carries
- Most modern PCB RAM is high-speed, whatever design it is part of
- Many modern standard buses are high-speed
- Allows you to constrain routing topology, including terminations and with eCADSTAR you can control, analyze and visualize E-Nets as an integral part of your process
Jane Berrie•Electronic Design Technology PartnerJane Berrie is an EDA product innovator and technical marketing content creator, focusing on high-speed design and signal integrity. She is a published author of technical articles and a past session chair at the annual Design Automation Conference (DAC).